Win afternoon tea with Ann Cleeves
18 August 2016
By Pan Macmillan
To celebrate publication of the latest Shetland novel, Cold Earth
, Ann Cleeves' 30th book in 30 years, we are offering you the chance to win afternoon tea with Ann Cleeves at Fortnum & Mason in Piccadilly,
London, plus a full, signed set of the Shetland novels.
To enter, all you need to do is send us your burning question for this bestselling author. Want to know where she gets her ideas? Who is her favourite author? What she thinks about seeing her books on the small screen with Douglas Henshall and Brenda Blethyn playing Jimmy Perez and Vera Stanhope.
Ann will answer a selection of your questions in next month's Times Crime Club newsletter
and her favourite entry will win afternoon tea for two with her.
Competition winners will also receive a hardback copy of Cold Earth
, plus the full Shetland series, all signed by Ann. Competition closes at 12:00 on 7 September 2016. UK residents only, you must be 18 or over to enter. Please read the terms and conditions below.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
is published in paperback by Macmillan on 6th October 2016.
Sign up to Times Crime Club now to make sure you don't miss seeing your question answered by Ann Cleeves. Sign up here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this promotion to win afternoon tea with Ann Cleeves at the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason in London competition the winners will also receive a copy of Cold Earth
, plus the full Shetland novel series so far, all signed by Ann Cleeves you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 06:00
on 19 August 2016
on 7 September 2016
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: visit www.panmacmillan.com/askcleeves
and add your question along with your details in the required fields. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook and Twitter from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: two people will win the chance to have afternoon tea with author Ann Cleeves
at the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason in London competition the winners will also receive a copy of Cold Earth
, plus the full Shetland novel series so far, all signed by Ann Cleeves. Travel is not included and the winners must arrange and cover their own transport costs. We will endeavour to accommodate the winner’s availability and will offer three dates to choose from, these will all be before the 1st of December 2016.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: Ann Cleeves will review all the entries and select the most interesting two questions asked and these will be the winners. Should the winners prefer not to accept their prizes the third most interesting entry will be selected and so on. Any decision will be final and binding and no further communication will be entered into in relation to it.
11. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: via the email supplied when entering the competition, the winner will be notified by the 29th September 2016.
12. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 5 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize – an agreed date for the tea should also be confirmed within this time. If a winner does not accept the prize within 5 working days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
13. The question submitted, name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website Times Crime Club and social media pages at no cost.
14. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Marketing Department, Pan Macmillan, 20 New Wharf Road, London, N1 9RR 30 days after the closing date.
15. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
17. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
18. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.