Innovation – the process of taking new ideas through to satisfied customers – is the lifeblood of any organization today. Nothing causes a company and the individuals working in it to lose enthusiasm more than a lack of interest in positive change. You cannot stand still: either you go forwards or you move backwards.
In Effective Innovation John Adair, Britain’s foremost expert on leadership training, looks at both creativity and innovation and tells you everything you need to know to enable you to generate new ideas and bring them to market. Based around Adair’s ‘seven habits of successful creative thinkers’, this landmark book will tell you how to:
• Generate the best possible ideas from yourself and the people around you
• Listen and learn – how being curious, keen to learn and observant of others will help you to think in a more imaginative way
• Use constructive criticism to improve upon existing ideas
• Filter out those ideas that should not be further progressed
• Follow up on and implement ideas to best effect