Tony Robinson's Weird World of Wonders: World War II was the winner of Best Book with Facts in the 2014 Blue Peter Book Awards, voted for by children.
In this bind-up Sir Tony Robinson takes you on a headlong gallop through time, pointing out all the most important, funny, strange, amazing, entertaining, smelly and disgusting bits about World War I and World War II. It's history, but not as we know it!
Find out everything you need to know in this brilliant, action-packed, fact-filled book, including:
- How to build a trench
- Why dogs were such good messengers
- How plastic surgery was invented
- Why you needed a gas mask
- Just how useful mashed potato is
- How the Battle of Britain was won
- What it takes to be a spy
- How D-Day was kept a surprise