This extensive listings guide to cycling in the UK leaves the reader with no excuse for not pumping up their tyres, putting on their helmet and discovering the benefits of biking.
Divided into regional areas, Cycle Britain provides a wide variety of routes for all ages, abilities and bike type with detailed information on terrain, distance and facilities. Each section contains box outs of ‘Not to be missed’ highlights and nearby attractions, such as The Royal Palace of Hampton Court on the tree-lined route from Hampton Court to Kingston.
This thorough guide incorporates some of Britain's most beautiful and interesting areas such as the Pembrokeshire coast, the Viking towns of York and Dublin and the rolling hills of the Lake District.
Broken down into regional areas, each section includes:
• An introduction about the cycling opportunities in the region
• Sub-sections on different types of cycle rides; mountain biking, family-friendly rides, road biking, touring
• Box outs with key route highlights e.g. the Coastal path in Pembrokeshire National Park
• Tips on cycling; equipment etc
• Stunning outdoor photography