This Is Our World: Celebrate With Us!Ages 6-8
This Is Our World – Celebrate With Us!, written by Tracey Turner, is the follow-up to the critically acclaimed This Is Our World. It’s a vibrant and colourful celebration of our planet’s cultural diversity – an unforgettable journey that brings the people, customs and religions of 20 places around the world vividly to life for young readers. Our guides are children who tell us about the feasts and festivals they enjoy and the religions and customs they follow.
The tour is truly global, as we journey from Eid al-Fitr in the UK to the Hanami cherry blossom festival in Japan, from Christmas Eve in Poland to the Lunar New Year in Korea, via Diwali in India, Australia’s indigenous Barunga festival, the Jewish High Holy Days in New York, the Day of the Dead in Mexico, and much more.
This is both a beautiful gift book and a highly-accessible home reference, sure to foster an interest in the wider world, in travel, in diversity, and in cultures and religions.
1. Bastille Day (France)
2. Venice Carnival (Italy)
3. Las Fallas Festival of Fire (Spain)
4. Easter (Romania, Ukraine or Greece)
5. Saint Martin (Germany)
6. Christmas Eve (Poland)
7. Eid al-Fitr (UK)
8. New Year’s Eve (Russia)
9. Day of the Dead (Mexico)
10. Barunga festival (Australia)
11. The Sahara festival (Tunisia)
12. Gathering of Nations (New Mexico, USA)
13. Diwali (India)
14. Jewish High Holy Days (New York, USA)
15. Monkey Buffet Festival (Thailand)
16. Lunar New Year (Korea)
17. Mid-Autumn Festival (China)
18. King’s Day (Netherlands)
19. Hanami (cherry blossom festival, Japan)
20. Rio Carnival (Brazil)