Molten Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Chocolate Brownies
Taking part in a bake-off but trying to stay sugar free? These Peanut Butter ‘n’ Jelly Chocolate Brownies from Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar The Ultimate Chocolate Cookbook taste are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, and they taste as good as they look!
Molten Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Brownies
Makes 24 brownies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Coconut oil, butter or ghee, for greasing
1½ cups (150 g) almond meal
¼ cup (25 g) raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup (60 ml) rice malt syrup
3 eggs, lightly whisked
Cup (75 g) crunchy peanut butter
½ cup (60 g) raspberries, mashed with a fork
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (gas 3). Line a 22 cm square brownie tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients, except for the peanut butter and raspberries, until smooth.
3. Pour the batter into the lined cake tin. Dollop peanut butter into mixture and use a skewer or knife to create a swirl pattern. Repeat the process with mashed raspberries.
4. Cook for 20–25 minutes, checking at 15 minutes to ensure mixture is not burning. Brownies are cooked when top is slightly firm to the touch. You want them to be gooey so try not to overcook.
5. Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
Want to go sugar-free but know chocolate is your weakness? You need Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar: the Ultimate Chocolate Cookbook. With recipes for one hundred delights including Mocha and Hazelnut Layer Cake, Dark Choc and Sea Salt Popcorn and Salted Caramel Tart, there’s something to satisfy every type of sweet treat craving!