Make your own Gruffalo Crumble
A Gruffalo-themed recipe for adults and children to make together from Julia Donaldson's fun-packed cookery book Gruffalo Crumble and Other Recipes.
Julia Donaldson's Gruffalo Crumble and Other Recipes
24 August 2016
By Julia Donaldson
is packed full of sweet treats, healthy snacks and simple meals - all based on the bestselling picture book The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
“Gruffalo crumble!” the Gruffalo said, And quick as the wind he turned and fled.
You will need . . .
3 eating apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon caster sugar 1
tablespoon apple juice
75g unsalted butter
100g plain flour
50g brown sugar
Two large mixing bowls
A baking dish (about 15 x 20cm)
What to do . . .
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Peel and core the apples, then chop them into bite-size pieces.
3. Put the chopped apples and blackberries in a large mixing bowl. Save a handful of blackberries for later.
4. Add the cinnamon, caster sugar and apple juice and give everything a good stir.
5. Tip the fruit mixture into the baking dish.
6. Cut the butter into small cubes of around 1cm.
7. Put the butter in the other large mixing bowl and add the flour.
8. Use your fingers to rub the butter and flour together until the mixture looks like crumbs.
9. Stir in the oats and brown sugar.
10. Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit in the baking dish. Try and cover it as evenly as you can.
11. Stick the remaining blackberries into the top of the crumble to decorate.
12. Cook for 40 minutes.
Julia Donaldson's Gruffalo Crumble and Other Recipes is out now.
With twenty-four recipes specially designed for adults to use with children, easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and lots of hints and tips on what to do next, Gruffalo Crumble and Other Recipes
is a great way to introduce Gruffalo fans to cooking and baking.
Order your copy