Win a Gravett garden for your school
14 May 2017
By Macmillan Children's Books
To celebrate the release of Tidy by Emily Gravett, you can win £500 to spend on your school garden!
Pete the badger likes everything to be neat and tidy at all times - first he tides the summer flowers, then he sweeps up the autumn leaves. By winter he has pulled up all the trees and concreted over the mud. But now his forest friends have nowhere to live!
Find out more
to download the teachers' resources and class activity sheets for Tidy
For your chance to win £500 to spend on your school garden, simply design a poster with three rules keeping the playground tidy and safe for visiting wildlife. The winning school will receive £500 of garden centre vouchers and the winning child will receive a selection of signed and personalised Emily Gravett books.
Send your entry to email@example.com with 'Gravett Garden' in the subect field. Don’t forget to include your
name, your school name and the year group.
This competition ends on Friday 16th June 2017. You must be over 18 years old* or a resident of the UK to enter. If you are under 18 years old, you must have the permission of a parent, guardian or carer to enter this competition. Please read the full terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this competition to win £500 for your school garden (“Promotion
”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Macmillan Children’s Books a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
If you are under 18 years old you must ask your parent, guardian or carer for permission to enter into these terms and by giving permission they must agree to read, accept and comply with these terms on your behalf. If you do not understand any part of these terms please ask your parent, guardian or carer to explain them. We may require written proof of age and parental permission from entrants and winners.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 08:00
on Friday 19th May 2017
on Friday 16th June
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
with 'Gravett Garden' in the subject line. Don’t forget to include your
name, your school name and the year group.
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries from a single school are admissible. Multiple entries from a single person will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: One prize of £500 National Garden Gift Vouchers. No exchange for other items/money off. The prize is non-transferable.
10. The prize shall be awarded as follows: The winner will be chosen by a panel of staff from Macmillan Children’s Books who will compile a shortlist for Emily Gravett to chose the final winner. Full names of the judging panel will be available on request. Any decision will be final and binding and no further communication will be entered into in relation to it.
11. Ownership of entries: You confirm that your entry is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws, including privacy laws, whether of the UK or elsewhere, or any rights of any third party, that no other person was involved in the creation of your entry, that you have the right to give Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use it for the purposes specified herein, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18 (or the applicable age of majority), it is lawful for you to enter and that you agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or any other harmful programs
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: By an email to your provided email address up to 28 days after the competition closing date.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within seven  working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within  days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within seven  days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
15. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Gravett Garden Competition, Children’s Marketing, Pan Macmillan, 20 New Wharf Road, London, N1 9RR, 30 days after the closing date
16. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
18. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.