A Treehouse Tale for World Book Day 2018
Macmillan Children's Books authors Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton have written a new book for World Book Day 2018 - Terry’s Dumb Dot Story: A Treehouse Tale.
Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton are the dynamic duo behind the Treehouse books with the latest book, The 91-Storey Treehouse, published earlier this year.
In Terry's Dumb Dot Story meet Andy and Terry, who make the world’s coolest stories together in their treehouse. They've got loads of different storeys in their high-rise home: you can find a marshmallow machine, the world's most powerful whirlpool, a tank full of sharks and a human pinball machine, amongst many other things. But none of this helps them agree on their special story for World Book Day - and it's not just Mr Big Nose keeping an eye on them now, but the story police too!
World Book Day (Thursday 1 March 2018) marks the world’s biggest celebration of reading, where the nation’s entire book industry comes together to work proactively to address falling literacy levels and create readers of the future.
The 11 official £1 World Book Day books cater for a range of ages:
- Oi Goat! by Kes Gray and Jim Field
- Mr Men: My Book About Me By Mr Silly written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves, original concept by Roger Hargreaves
- The Baby Brother From Outer Space! by Pamela Butchart, illustrated by Thomas Flintham
- Paddington Turns Detective and Other Funny Stories by Michael Bond, illustrated by Peggy Fortnum
- Nadiya’s Bake Me a Story by Nadiya Hussain, illustrated by Clair Rossiter
- Terry’s Dumb Dot Story: A Treehouse Tale by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton
- The Girl Who Thought She Was a Dog by Clare Balding, illustrated by Tony Ross
- Brain Freeze by Tom Fletcher, illustrated by Shane Devries
- The Bolds’ Great Adventure by Julian Clary, illustrated by David Roberts
- Marvel’s The Avengers: The Greatest Heroes by Alastair Dougall
For more information about World Book Day and the events leading up to it, please visit www.worldbookday.com