Adam Kay shortlisted for the 2017 Slightly Foxed Best First Biography Prize
We're delighted to share the news that Adam Kay's This is Going to Hurt has been shortlisted for the 2017 Slightly Foxed Best First Biography Prize.
The prize, which is in its fourth year celebrates the best biography writing and the winner will be announced on 6th March 2018.
The shortlisted books are:
-Thomas Dilworth, David Jones: Engraver, Soldier, Painter, Poet (Cape)
- Edmund Gordon, The Invention of Angela Carter: A Biography (Chatto & Windus)
- Adam Kay, This Is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor (Picador)
- Gareth Russell, Young & Damned & Fair: The Life & Tragedy of Catherine Howard (Collins)
- Helen Smith, The Uncommon Reader: A Life of Edward Garnett (Cape)
- James Stourton, Kenneth Clark: Life, Art and Civilisation (Collins)
With fans including Jonathan Ross, Dawn French and Stephen Fry, This is Going to Hurt is the Sunday Times bestselling memoir from Junior Doctor turned comedian Adam Kay.
In equal parts hilarious and heartbreaking, and scribbled in secret after endless days, sleepless nights and missed weekends This Is Going to Hurt provides a no-holds-barred account of his time on the NHS front line.