Friday Poem: 'The Crocodile' by Lewis Carroll
- A Friday poem from Lewis Carroll's Alices Adventures in Wonderland, first published in 1865.
How doth the little crocodile
- Improve his shining tail
- And pour the waters of the Nile
- On every golden scale!
- How cheerfully he seems to grin
- How neatly spreads his claws
- And welcomes little fishes in
- With gently smiling jaws!
Brought to life by Sir John Tenniel's legendary illustrations in black and white, and with an afterword by Anna South, the Macmillan Collector's Library edition of Lewis Carroll's classic is perfect for old and new fans alike.