Can you believe that ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ first appeared on our screens over seventeen years ago? Who would have thought this teen soap based on a (rubbish) 1992 film would become a cult classic and introduce viewers to the magic of the Whedonverse? Never has a television show resonated with teenagers in the same way that 'Buffy' did. Xander, Willow and Buffy felt like friends – we laughed together, cried together and fell in love together.
Remember the theme tune?
We know you love Buffy too (you told us on twitter) – so here are 10 of the top Things We Love About Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Enjoy! And anything we’ve missed include in the comments below!
10 THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
- @cmccrudden FAITH!
- @LouMorgan The Bronze. Has any underage club before or since ever looked so cool? (Despite the vampires. Or maybe because of them.)
- @JayEmmTee1 Anya and her hatred of bunnies
- @JayEmmTee1 Willow falling in love with Oz; Willow falling in love with Tara
- @MisaBuckley Once More With Feeling
- @matthewlloyd85 Everything? The wit. @RealSMG making Buffy come alive, being one of the best ever at delivering @josswhedon's dialogue.
- @Tillane1 Willow. And Dark Willow. And Goddess Willow. Oh, and Willow was quite good, too. :-P
- @sarajtownsend Could be on this one a while. The fact that it had a kick-ass heroine. The fact that the demons of puberty were actual demons.
- @Louiestowell the fact that it caused me to meet my wife, @KarenLawler. Also, Faith/buffy body swap, gambling with kittens, and the jokes. :)
- @Crusaderofchaos EVERYTHING
What have we missed? Share your thoughts in the comments below