Communications Assistant - MCB Comms
Digital and Communications - Macmillan Children's Books
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning publisher at a key point of growth. The Communications Assistant will ensure the smooth running of the MCB Communications team and support their campaigns with the execution of specific and general administrative tasks
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning publisher at a key point of growth. The Communications Assistant will ensure the smooth running of the MCB Communications team and support their campaigns with the execution of specific and general administrative tasks. This role reports to the Communications Director within the MCB Communications team, and is part of the overall Pan Macmillan Communications team.
· Provide administrative support to the MCB Communications Director
· Help build a first-class reputation for the Macmillan Children’s Books team both internally and externally.
· Manage communications team processes and deadlines effectively
· Organise and undertake administration for team meetings
· Assist with compiling author and illustrator presentations in PowerPoint and word
· Support the marketing team on social media inbox management
· Attend and support at author and illustrator events where required
· General and specific administrative tasks to support the team as directed
A successful candidate will have the following skills:
Essential: (demonstrable knowledge)
· Have worked in a professional environment
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Fully competent in word, excel, PowerPoint (Microsoft Office suite)
· Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of social media
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to flex communication style depending on situation
· Exceptional time management and organisational skills
· A strong and practical problem solver
· Knowledge of children’s book market
· Office based experience in a publishing, media or marketing environment
· Ability to work with Google for work (Gmail, Google drive, Google meet etc)
In no more than 200 words, tell us about a Children's book that has has an impact on you and why.
To apply, please send your CV, task mentioned and a covering letter confirming your current salary and candidate task quoting reference PAN/033/20 via email: email@example.com
Please, ensure all documents you attach are named.
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application
Closing date: Thursday 5th November