Win a National Trust Membership for you and your family
06 January 2017
By Pan Macmillan
To celebrate the publication of Daughters of Courage by Margaret Dickinson, we are giving away one year’s National Trust Membership for a family, worth over £100. Membership allows access to hundreds of national trust areas for free for 2 adults and up to 5 children.
Emily Ryan has gone up in the world since her arrival in Sheffield. Brought there by her mother's ambitious schemes for her brother, Josh, she had found work as a buffer girl polishing cutlery for the city's famous trade. With the help of a friend, Nell, Emily eventually set up her own buffing business employing those with whom she had once worked.
Married to Thomas Trippet - 'Trip' to his friends - they plan to build a life together, but when Lucy, Nell's daughter, disappears it seems that the menace from the past is never very far away. Trip is now a partner with his half-brother in the Trippet family's cutlery manufacturing business, but their success is threatened by the Great Depression of the 1930s. Can Emily keep their family and friends safe from the shadow of unemployment?
And then comes the threat of another war . . .
The prize consists of the following:
One year’s National Trust membership for a family (Two adults (aged 18+) and up to five children (17 or under), all living at the same address.)
For a chance to win, please answer the question below. All entries must be received by 23:59 on Thursday 06 April 2017. Please read the full terms and conditions below.
Question: Where is Daughters of Courage set?
Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 00:01am on 9th
of February 2017 and 23:59 on 6th
of April 2017.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: To win, just answer the question on the website and submit your contact details.
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: One year’s membership to the national trust for a family consisting of 2 adults (18+) and 5 children (17 and under) all living under the same roof.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: All correct answers will be entered into a prize draw and selection will be done via a random computer selection.
11. Ownership of entries: You confirm that your entry is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws, including privacy laws, whether of the UK or elsewhere, or any rights of any third party, that no other person was involved in the creation of your entry, that you have the right to give Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use it for the purposes specified herein, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18 (or the applicable age of majority), it is lawful for you to enter and that you agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or any other harmful programs.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: Winners will be contacted by email by Pan Macmillan shortly after the closing date.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within [10
] working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within [30
] days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within [10
] days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
15. The winner’s name will be posted on the Pan Macmillan website.
16. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
18. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.