Win five killer novels
06 September 2016
By Pan Macmillan
To celebrate the first ever Killer Women crime writing festival Thin Blue Spine are offering five people the chance to win a bundle of five crime and thriller novels. Three of whom you can find at the Killer Women Festival programme.
About the books included in the bundle:
Cold Earth by Ann Cleeves - The seventh book in Ann Cleeves' Shetland series
In the dark days of a Shetland winter, torrential rain triggers a landslide that crosses the main Lerwick-Sumburgh road and sweeps down to the sea. At the burial of his old friend Magnus Tait, Jimmy Perez watches the flood of mud and peaty water smash through a croft house in its path. Everyone thinks the croft is uninhabited, but in the wreckage he finds the body of a dark-haired woman wearing a red silk dress. In his mind, she shares his Mediterranean ancestry and soon he becomes obsessed with tracing her identity. Then it emerges that she was already dead before the landslide hit the house. Perez knows he must find out who she was, and how she died.
City of Strangers by Louise Millar - A gripping story of deception, lies in corrupstion set in Edinburgh
Grace Scott returns from honeymoon with her new husband, Mac, to find a man lying dead in their new Edinburgh flat. They don't know who he is or where he's come from. The mystery of his identity remains unsolved. Then, three months later, Grace finds a note tucked inside one of the wedding gifts which sends her on a journey to discover what really happened in her flat. A journey that becomes more dangerous the closer she comes to the truth... What she discovers will change her life.
Rebound by Aga Lesiewicz - a dark and gripping debut psychological thriller
Life is good for Anna Wright. She's a successful media executive working for one of the UK's largest TV corporations. She's got a great boyfriend, some close friends and a lovely home. She adores her dog, Wispa, and she loves to run to help her de-stress. But Anna's perfect life starts to crumble from the moment when, out jogging on the Heath one day, she meets a handsome stranger. She takes a route into unfamiliar territory, and then she has to face the consequences.
Gone Astray by Michelle Davies
Lesley and her husband Mack are the sudden winners of a £15 million EuroMillions jackpot. They move with their 15-year-old daughter Rosie to an exclusive gated estate in Buckinghamshire, leaving behind their ordinary lives - and friends - as they are catapulted into wealth beyond their wildest dreams. But it soon turns into their darkest nightmare when, one beautiful spring afternoon, Lesley returns to their house to find it empty: their daughter Rosie is gone...
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll - an audacious, page-turning debut thriller
Ani FaNelli is the woman who has it all: the glamorous job, the designer wardrobe, the handsome and rich fiancé. But behind her sharp edges and meticulously crafted facade lies the darkest of pasts. When a documentary producer invites Ani to tell her side of the chilling and violent incident that took place when she was a teenager at the prestigious Bradley school, she hopes it will be an opportunity to prove how far she's turned her life around since then. But as the wedding and filming converge, Ani's past threatens to come back and haunt her...
To be in with a chance of winning currently answer the following question:
Where is Louise Millar’s book City of Strangers set?
Please read the terms and conditions. The competition closes at midnight on Tuesday 15 November 2016.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Five Killer Novels (“Promotion
”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 12:00 on Tuesday 6th
September 2016 and 23:59 on Tuesday 15 November 2016.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: Correctly answer the multiple choice question found at www.panmacmillan.com/killerwomen
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: Five crime and thriller novels published by Pan Macmillan – a hardback copy of Cold Earth
by Ann Cleeves, a paperback copy of City of Strangers
by Louise Millar, a paperback copy of Rebound
by Aga Lesiewicz, a paperback copy of Gone Astray
by Michelle Davies and a paperback copy of Luckiest Girl Alive
by Jessica Knoll.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: Five winner will be randomly selected. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Ownership of entries: Any personal information (such as your name, date of birth, email address and address) will be used solely in connection with this competition and will not be disclosed to any third party, except for the purpose of fulfilling the prize where applicable or if you have opted to join our mailing list.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: The winner will be contacted by email by with five  working days of the close of the competition.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within five  working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within thirty [30
] days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within five 
days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
15. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to The Thin Blue Spine, Pan Macmillan, 20 New Wharf Road, London, N1 9RR 30 days after the closing date
16. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available. The Prize is non-transferable.
18. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.