Brand Assistant, FTC 12 months
Pan Macmillan UK is one of the largest general book publishers in the UK, with imprints including Macmillan, Mantle, Pan, Picador, Bluebird, Bello, Macmillan Children's Books and Macmillan Digital Audio. Pan Macmillan is part of the worldwide Macmillan Publishing Group. We have recently been awarded Publisher of the Year for the second time in three years.
The Brand Team works on a select number of Pan Macmillan’s authors, across Fiction, Non-Fiction and MCB. The Brand Team’s work is designed to focus the company’s attention on certain authors, helping to project manage the publication process, planning beyond the next book, as well as reflecting back the authors’ thoughts and ambitions to the company.
The team is looking for an enthusiastic assistant, who will be able to learn quickly and adapt to the varied demands of the role. Some previous experience of office work, and/or a demonstrable interest in the publishing/bookselling industry, would be a bonus.
The position will involve, but is not limited to:
- Helping to manage Author Brand meetings, including the taking and circulating of minutes
- Creating and updating brand insight resources
- Supporting the Senior Brand Manager and Senior Brand Executive’s communications with specific authors and agents
- Supporting the Senior Brand Manager’s management of any work undertaken with external brand agencies
You will be given the opportunity to learn about all aspects of publishing and work with colleagues from each department across Pan Macmillan, as well as have some interaction with authors and their agents.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work with people at all levels of the business
- Brilliant communication skills
- The ability to use their own initiative and get stuck in to new tasks
- The ability to manage deadlines
This role will be for a fixed term of 12 months and will be based at our offices in King’s Cross, London.
To apply, please send your named CV and a covering letter confirming your current salary and quoting reference PAN/026/18 via email: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 22nd April 2018
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.