International Sales Assistant (FTC 6 months)
International Sales Assistant, Macmillan Children’s Books Rights Department
Pan Macmillan is one of the largest general publishers in the UK and is part of the Macmillan group, which operates in over 70 countries worldwide.
Pan Macmillan is looking for an International Sales Assistant to provide administrative support to the Children’s Rights team for six months.
The Children’s Rights Department is responsible for the sale of co-edition and subsidiary rights for the Macmillan Children’s Books, Campbell and Kingfisher imprints around the world. Our lists include award-winning picture books, novelty titles, non-fiction and fiction books.
This role includes:
- Administrative support for the sale of all co-edition and subsidiary rights deals, including raising contracts and liaising with accounts to raise invoices
- Liaising with customers and the production department regarding customer’s packing and shipping requirements
- Keeping the rights database up to date and compiling a monthly sales report
- Organization of book fair and sales trip schedules, and arranging material for these trips
- Sale and administration of both print and digital permissions
- General departmental administration
- Attending international book fairs
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fluent in a foreign language
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (intermediate to advanced), Outlook and Word
- Be highly organized, work well under pressure and show great attention to detail
- Be able to work under his/her own initiative whilst also being a team player
- Be well-travelled
- Have office experience, ideally having spent time in a publishing office
- Have strong communication skills, both written and oral, as well as numeracy skills
- Be hard-working, enthusiastic and professional
The position is based at our offices in King’s Cross, London.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter confirming your current salary and quoting reference PAN/041/16
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 23rd October 2016
Download the full job description
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.