Pan Macmillan UK is one of the largest general book publishers in the UK and is part of the worldwide Macmillan Publishing Group, which operates in over 70 countries.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly, busy High Street sales team as a sales administrator supporting 3 Sales Managers, a rep team and a Sales Director across a range of major UK accounts.
You will have varied responsibilities including managing retailer submission grids, liaising with our distributors and retailers, and managing some event and author orders. We work across all of our lists covering both adults and children’s sales for each account.
Some experience in sales administration and publishing/bookselling would be a plus, and you must have a passion for reading.
The key tasks of the role will include but are not limited to the following:
- To manage submission grids, sales materials & presentations
- To work closely with Sales Managers and Sales Director
- To demonstrate a wide range of knowledge across our lists
- The ability to work under pressure, use initiative, and have close attention to detail
The ideal candidate will have:
- Some office experience; bookselling or publishing experience a plus but not required
- Evidence of team work and hitting deadlines
- Evidence of strong Excel and organisational skills
This role is based in our offices in King's Cross, London.
To apply, please submit your named CV and named covering letter confirming your current salary and notice period, quoting reference PAN/035/18 via email to [email protected]
By applying for any roles at MPIL (including Pan Macmillan and MDL) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice please, read these before submitting any applications.
Closing date: 24th June 2018
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.