Pan Macmillan is one of the largest trade publishers in the UK with imprints including Macmillan, Mantle, Pan, Picador, MCB, Two Hoots, Boxtree and Bluebird. We have recently been awarded Publisher of the Year for the second time in three years.
High street bookshops are at the heart of Pan Macmillan's strategy and this new role is an exciting opportunity to join our High Street sales team as a Sales Manager. The role will be to manage the Waterstones and Foyles accounts and internally to work especially closely with the Picador team.
The key tasks within this role are:
- Delivering the sales budget for Waterstones and Foyles across adults and children's
- To manage all areas of your account including presentations, trade marketing support, and bookseller engagement
- Supporting our Comms team on events
- Working with our field based reps to ensure support for local authors and events
- Supporting the Sales Director on the Picador list
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years experience of UK books market
- Previous of key account management with a high street chain
- Evidence of team work and hitting deadlines
- Proven ability to delivering strategic plans in a changing market
- Ability to form strong relationships and communication internally
Above all else you will have a passion for books across all ages and a desire to support bookselling nationally.
Based at our London offices this role will include some UK travel as well as events support outside of normal business hours.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter confirming your current salary and quoting reference PAN/018/17 to [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 28th May 2017
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.