Sales and Marketing Assistant
Pan Macmillan UK is one of the largest general book publishers in the UK, with imprints including Macmillan, Mantle, Pan, Picador, Bluebird, Bello, Macmillan Children's Books and Macmillan Digital Audio. Pan Macmillan is part of the worldwide Macmillan Publishing Group. We have recently been awarded Publisher of the Year for the second time in three years.
The UK Sales Department at Pan Macmillan is recruiting a Sales and Marketing Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised individual to work across our adult and children’s lists. Working in the Sales and Marketing team, he/she will provide administrative support in a wide variety of areas. Working closely with other Sales Assistants and the Key Account team, the candidate needs to have an efficient, friendly approach to providing support in a very busy office. He/she will ideally have experience in sales administration and publishing/bookselling, and have a passion for reading.
Key Tasks will include the following:
- Preparing sales material and presentations
- Administrative responsibility for our trade marketing process
- Creating material and order forms for sell in
- Providing general administrative support
- Running our trade marketing social media accounts
The ideal candidate will have:
- Sales and/or marketing/ or bookselling experience gained within a publishing environment
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills
- An ability to prioritise and excellent time management skills
- Good understanding of MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail skills
The position is based at our offices in King’s Cross, London.
To apply, please send your named CV and cover letter confirming your current salary and notice period, quoting reference PAN/025/18via email to: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 9th April 2018
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.