Special Sales Manager
Pan Macmillan UK is one of the largest general book publishers in the UK, with imprints including Macmillan, Mantle, Pan, Picador, Bluebird, Bello, Macmillan Children's Books and Macmillan Digital Audio. Pan Macmillan is part of the worldwide Macmillan Publishing Group. We have recently been awarded Publisher of the Year for the second time in three years.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our busy Supermarkets & Special Sales team. Reporting to the Supermarkets & Specials Sales Director, you will be working with a team of 5 and a wider UK sales team based in our New Wharf Road office.
You will be working with a wide variety of existing non-book trade customers with a brief to find more – which makes it the perfect role for a creative, entrepreneurial person. You will be selling the whole Pan Macmillan list across both adult and children’s so you’ll have a lot to work with, and your UK sales colleagues are very hard-working with a very sound sense of humour. You will be diplomatic and numerate and enjoy a challenge.
You will ideally have experience in special sales, possibly at exec level. However if you feel you are right for this role without that experience, please do apply, explaining why. Above all you must have a passion for books and for selling books.
The key tasks of the role will include but are not limited to the following:
● To manage all of your accounts, including presenting, negotiating price, following deals through from beginning to end, navigating and meeting customer requirements
● To fully understand your accounts and align your sales pitches to their own strategies
● To develop new customer accounts on an ongoing basis
● To champion and negotiate on behalf of your accounts internally
● To provide feedback on non-book trade accounts internally
- The ideal candidate will have:
- ● 2+ years’ experience, ideally but not necessarily in publishing
- ● Retail experience, either buying or selling, a plus
- ● Evidence of teamwork and hitting deadlines
- ● Evidence of strong Excel and organisational skills and attention to detail
The position is based at our offices in King’s Cross, London.
To apply, please send your named CV and named cover letter confirming your current salary and notice period, quoting reference PAN/022/18 via email to: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 31st March 2018
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.