To celebrate the release of The Lake House we have partnered with the luxurious Merchants Manor in Falmouth, Cornwall to offer you and a friend the opportunity to win a luxury mini break.
Set on the Cornish coast Merchants Manor offers a tranquil escape from the bustling city. Dating back to 1910 the four star hotel combines the timeless elegance of a traditional English manor house whilst providing a cosy feel, making its guests feel as if they are in a home away from home.
The hotel also features a stunning new spa and relaxation complex, Linen Rooms – a place of sensuality, calm and relaxation. With unique and personalised treatments, Linen Rooms is a haven to relax your body and clear your head. Our winner will receive two complimentary treatments at Linen Rooms using Cornish artisan organic skincare brand Inlight.
In addition you will also be able to enjoy breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant – Rastella. Providing a choice of homemade mueslis and even a Smugglers’ Breakfast you’ll be set up for a day of exploration as you visit the picturesque harbour in Falmouth and town of St. Mawes.
After a day of discovery you and your guest can indulge in a delicious dinner in Rastella. Offering a selection of mouth-watering seasonal dishes using the finest, freshest ingredients sourced from local, organic farms and suppliers in the area.
About the book
From the author of The House at Riverton
and The Secret Keeper
, The Lake House
has everything that readers have come to love about Kate Morton novels.
An abandoned house… After a particularly troubling case, Sadie Sparrow is sent on an enforced break from her job with the Metropolitan Police and retreats to her beloved grandfather’s cottage in Cornwall. There she finds herself at a loose end, until one day she stumbles upon an abandoned house surrounded by overgrown gardens and dense woods, and learns the story of a baby boy who disappeared without a trace.
A missing child… June 1933, and the Edevane family’s country house, Loeanneth, is polished and gleaming, ready for the much-anticipated Midsummer Eve party. For Eleanor, the annual party has always been one of her treasured traditions but her middle daughter, Alice, Sixteen years old and with literary ambitions, is especially excited. Not only has Alice worked out the prefect twist for her novel, she’s also fallen helplessly in love with someone she shouldn’t. But by the time midnight strikes and fireworks light up the night sky, the Edevane family will have suffered a loss so great they leave Loeanneth and never return.
An unsolved mystery… Seventy years later, in the attic writing room of her elegant Hampstead home, the formidable Alice Edevane leads a life as neatly plotted as the bestselling detective novels she writes. Until a young police detective starts asking questions about her family’s past and seeking to resurrect the complete tangle of secrets Alice has spent her life trying to escape.
Find out more about Kate Morton at www.KateMorton.com
To enter, please answer the question below. All entries must be received by 23:59 on 30 August 2016. Please read the full terms and conditions below.
Where is The Lake House set?
Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Brunel Road, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 6XS (“Promoter
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter, Merchant’s Manor or Mason Williams. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 06:00
on 19 May 2016
on and 23:59
on 30 August 2016
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: answer the multiple choice question and submit your contact details at www.panmacmillan.com/LakeHouse
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: one night stay for two at the Merchants Manor hotel in Cornwall with breakfast and dinner at the hotel’s Rastella complimentary treatment for two at Linen Rooms all featuring the artisan organic skincare brand Inlight. Travel and spending money not included. Subject to availability. Prize must be redeemed within six months following the closing date.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: By randomised computer selection from the correctly answer entries.
11. Ownership of entries: You confirm that your entry is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws, including privacy laws, whether of the UK or elsewhere, or any rights of any third party, that no other person was involved in the creation of your entry, that you have the right to give Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use it for the purposes specified herein, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution, it is lawful for you to enter and that you agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or any other harmful programs.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: by email along with information regarding the redemption of the prize.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within ten  working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within thirty  days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within ten  working days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter and Merchant’s Manor for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
15. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Marketing Department, Pan Macmilln, 20 New Wharf Road, N1 9RR 30 days after the closing date.
16. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
18. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Merchant’s Manor, so far as is permitted by law, Merchant’s Manor hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.