TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this BOOK BREAK SUMMER IN THE CITY SELFIE COMPETITION (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
PLEASE NOTE: All selfie entries into the Promotion may be used in a BOOK BREAK YouTube episode (date TBC) which will be made publically available on the BOOK BREAK YouTube channel and may be used by the Promoter in any other media. Participants will not be notified before the BOOK BREAK episode airs. By entering this Promotion you consent to the Promoter using your selfie entry without restriction and without fee, subject to the further terms and conditions set out below. If you do not wish your selfie entry to be used in this way, then please do not enter into this Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by PAN MACMILLAN a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 11.00 on 10/08/2018 and 21.00 on 12/08/2018.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: POST A SELFIE FROM OUR SUMMER IN THE CITY SELFIE WALL ON INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER USING #BOOKBREAKSITC. Only selfie’s taken at this location and posted using the hashtag #BOOKBREAKSITC are eligible to win.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.
7. There is no restriction on the number of entries that an eligible person can make.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: ONE PRIZE AVAILABLE TO INCLUDE A SELECTION OF SIX MACMILLAN BOOKS, CHOSEN AT THE PROMOTER’S DISCRETION.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: ALL VALID ENTRIES WILL BE ENTERED INTO A PRIZE DRAW AND THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN VIA A RANDOM COMPUTER SELECTION.
11. Use and ownership of entries: You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, feature your entry in a Book Break YouTube episode which will be made publically available on the Book Break YouTube channel (date TBC) and may also feature your entry on its website and in any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Promotion. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in your entry, to use, display, publish, communicate to the public, copy, edit, alter, store, reformat and sub-licence the entry for such purposes.
You confirm that your entry is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws, including privacy laws, whether of the UK or elsewhere, or any rights of any third party, that no other person was involved in the creation of your entry, that you have the right to give Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use it for the purposes specified herein, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution and that there is nobody who is identifiable in your contribution who is under 18, and that it is lawful for you to enter.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: THE PRIZE WINNER WILL BE CONTACTED ON EITHER INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 10 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 30 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
15. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to BOOK BREAK SUMMER IN THE CITY COMPETITION, DIGITAL, PAN MACMILLAN, 20 NEW WHARF ROAD, LONDON, N1 9RR
30 days after the closing date
16. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
18. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.