Great Britain in Colour competition terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Great Britain in Colour
”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Boxtree
a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 13:00
on 27th September 2016
on 31st October 2016.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: post images to facebook, twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #greatbritainincolour
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, twitter or Instagram. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.
7. There is no restriction on the number of entries that an eligible person can make.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following:
a) One winner to meet with the Panmacmillan Art Department in London and learn about the art of book design and illustration. This is also a chance to show your work, and discuss how to submit work to publishers and agents. The prize includes a signed copy of Great Britain in Colour
. Travel and accommodation is not included.
b) One additional winner will win a signed original print from Great Britain in Colour
c) A further 10 winners will win signed copies of Great Britain in Colour
worth £20 each.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: The best illustrations, images or photographs as chosen by Paul Farrell.
11. Ownership of entries: All entries will be seen available on social media but will remain the property of the owners. Panmacmillan reserve the right to distribute selected entries to the media for promotional purposes only and with full credit to the owner.
You confirm that your entry is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws, including privacy laws, whether of the UK or elsewhere, or any rights of any third party, that no other person was involved in the creation of your entry, that you have the right to give Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use it for the purposes specified herein, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18 (or the applicable age of majority), it is lawful for you to enter and that you agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or any other harmful programs.]
13. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: via their social media account
14. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 5 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 5 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
15. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages and distributing to media at no cost.
16. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Pan Macmillan, 20 New Wharf Road London N1 9RR, 30 days after the closing date
17. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available. The Prize is non-transferable.
19. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
20. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.