Ken Follett Pigeonhole UK Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this competition to WIN one of 300 exclusive places on a private online serialisation of A Column of Fire by Ken Follett, allowing you to read A Column of Fire online in staves ahead of publication and asking Ken questions along the way.
”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This promotion is run by Pan Macmillan, a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ.
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 09:00 BST
on Friday 4th August July 2017
and 09:00 BST
on Friday 18th August 2017
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning
6. You can enter this Promotion by submitting your details via the competition landing page here: www.panmacmillan.com/acolumnoffireuk
Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following:
- Access to 1 of 300 exclusive places on a private online serialisation of A Column of Fire by Ken Follett
- This private online serialisation will be hosted by, digital reading platform, The Pigeonhole
- Winners will receive their own private login details to The Pigeonhole Platform to access the A Column of Fire serialisation reading experience
- Exclusive access to read A Column of Fire ahead of publication. The text will be released on the private online platform in 15 installments across 1 month (approximately 40 minutes of reading every 2 days)
- Winners will receive special email notifications from Ken each time a new instalment of A Column of Fire is released on the private online platform
- Access to exclusive extra content embedded into the text, including videos of Ken’s research, maps, facts and more
- Access to comment and discuss the text with other winners through-out the reading experience within the private online forum
- The one-off opportunity to read A Column of Fire ‘along with’ Ken Follett and ask him questions directly as part of the online reading experience
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: 300 winners will be randomly selected. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winners of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: An email to their supplied email address no later than 1 week after close of the Promotion.
12. The winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 5 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winners receive their login details to access the prize within 5 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 5 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winners. Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
13. The name, region of residence, comments winners make within the online forum during the serialisation and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
14. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Fiction Marketing, 20 New Wharf Road, London N1 9RR 30 days after the closing date.
15. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
. By participating in this Promotion, entrants herby agree that Promoter may share their name and email address with The Pigeonhole for these purposes. If you do not wish your data to be shared with The Pigeonhole in this way, then please do not participate in this Promotion.
18. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.