Valentine's Day Book Giveaway - Terms and Condition
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Valentine's Day book giveaway (“
Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
This Promotion is run by Macmillan Children’s Books, a trading division of Macmillan Publishers Limited a company registered in England with registered number 00785998 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
[If you are under 18 years old you must ask your parent, guardian or carer for permission to enter into these terms and by giving permission they must agree to read, accept and comply with these terms on your behalf. If you do not understand any part of these terms please ask your parent, guardian or carer to explain them. We may require written proof of age and parental permission from entrants and winners.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 10:00 on Wednesday 7th February 2017
on Thursday 8th February 2017
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: By retweeting the competition tweets hosted on the Macmillan Children’s Books twitter page (@MacmillanKidsUK).
Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries per day will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following:
One (1) hardback copy of A Poem for Every Night of the Year
. There are three (3) copies available. Subject to availability.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: Winners will be chosen at random. Any decision will be final and binding and no further communication will be entered into in relation to it.
11. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: by tweet or personal message on twitter within 7 working days of the final entry date (8
th February 2017)
12. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within seven  working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s)
receive their prizes within  days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within seven  days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
13. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
14. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to A Poem for Every Night of the Year Giveaway, Children’s Marketing, Pan Macmillan, 20 New Wharf Road, London, N1 9RR, 30 days after the closing date
15. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
17. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
18. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.