Win an original Lino Artwork by Garth Jennings
who needs friends when you've got monsters?
15 July 2016
By Macmillan Children's Books
nelson stumbles across a machine, invented by christopher wren and buried for hundreds of years. designed to extract the 7 deadly sins, the machine had a fault – once extracted, the sins became living, breathing monsters who would then follow the sinner around for eternity (unless they ate him first, in the case of the particularly sinful).
nelson accidentally extracts 7 deadly monsters from his own little soul. ugly, cantankerous, smelly and often the cause of much embarrassment, nelson's monsters are the last thing he needed in his life, but at least they're fairly harmless. when he learns of their individual powers he realises the monsters can be put to good use, and together nelson and the deadly 7 set out on a quest across the globe to find and rescue his big sister.
the deadly 7
is a monster adventure by garth jennings and is packed full of hilarious illustrations.
for the chance to win an original lino artwork by garth jennings and a copy of the deadly 7 by garth jennings, listen to the audio clip below and answer the question. good luck!
which club does nelson join?
the competition is closed. thanks for entering.
all entries must be received by 23:59 on sunday 14 august 2016. please read the terms and conditions below.
terms and conditions
please read these terms and conditions carefully. by entering into this prize competition to win original lino artwork by garth jennings (“promotion
”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the promotion.
1. this promotion is run by macmillan children’s books a trading division of macmillan publishers international limited a company registered in england with registered number 02063302 and registered office at cromwell place, hampshire international business park, lime tree way, basingstoke, hampshire, rg24 8yj (“promoter
2. to enter this promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the united kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. this promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of promoter or any subsidiary of promoter. promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. the promotion is open for entries between 00:01
on saturday 16 july 2016
on sunday 14 august 2016
5. no purchase is necessary to enter this promotion and will not increase your chances of winning
6. you can enter this promotion in the following way: by answering the question on the competition page
7. only one entry per eligible person. multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification
8. promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach promoter by the closing date for any reason. proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. entries via agents or third parties are invalid. no other form of entry is permitted. please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. the prize for the promotion consists of the following: one piece of original lino artwork by garth jennings and one copy of the deadly 7
by garth jennings will be awarded to 5 winners, subject to availability.
10. the prizes shall be awarded as follows: one winner will be randomly selected. the decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. ownership of entries: you confirm that your entry is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws, including privacy laws, whether of the uk or elsewhere, or any rights of any third party, that no other person was involved in the creation of your entry, that you have the right to give promoter and its respective licensees permission to use it for the purposes specified herein, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18 (or the applicable age of majority), it is lawful for you to enter and that you agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or any other harmful programs.
12. the winner(s) of the promotion shall be notified as follows: the winner will be contacted by email by 10th
13. the winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. if a winner does not accept the prize within 7 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). promoter’s decision is final and promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. the name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
15. you can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to deadly 7 competition, macmillan children’s books, 20 new wharf road, london, n1 9rr 30 days after the closing date
16. promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions or change the prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. no cash equivalent to the prize is available. the prize is non-transferable
18. promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the promotion.
19. other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the promotion or any aspect of the prize. all activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. your legal rights as a consumer are not affected
20. these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with english law. disputes arising in connection with this agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the english courts.