Adventures on Trains World Book Day competition terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this free prize draw to win signed copies of three books in the Adventures on Trains series (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 9 years old or over at the time of entry. If you are under 18 years old you must ask your parent, guardian or carer for permission to enter into these terms and by giving permission they must agree to read, accept and comply with these terms on your behalf. If you do not understand any part of these terms please ask your parent, guardian or carer to explain them. We may require written proof of age and parental permission from entrants and winners.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families or households) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 9.00 on Thursday 4 February 2021 and midnight on Sunday 28 March 2021.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: by submitting your name and email address at panmacmillan.com/adventuresontrains
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Where relevant, please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: signed copies of the Adventures on Trains series which includes The Highland Falcon Thief, Kidnap on the California Comet and Murder on the Safari Star.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: one winner will be selected at random.
11. The Promotor does not claim any rights of ownership in your entry.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: by email to the address supplied on the form within 5 working days of the closing date.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 5 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. The Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 5 working days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner. The Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The winner(s) may be required to participate in reasonable post event publicity in any form (including on the Promoters website and social media pages) at no cost. Parental/guardian consent will be sought if required to participate.
15. The winner’s first name and county, and if applicable, a copy of the winning entry can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Adventures on Trains/WBD Competition, Pan Macmillan, The Smithson, 6 Briset Street, London EC1M 5NR 30 days after the closing date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and/or winning entry being made available, please inform the Promotor using these contact details and quoting the name of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
17. All personal data submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner consistent with the Promoter’s Privacy Notice accessible at https://www.panmacmillan.com/privacy-notice See also the condition above with regard to the announcement of winners.
18. The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Promotion.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Promotion shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.