Bridget Jones's Diary (And Other Writing)
“The best, the original, the seminal” Mail on Sunday
Bridget Jones’s Diary turns 25 this year. Winner of the 1997 British Book of the Year, and named by the Guardian as one of the ten books which best defines the 20th Century, the book has gone on to become a multi-million copy selling international phenomenon, spawning three blockbuster movies, a whole new literary genre, a lexicon of ‘smug marrieds’, ‘singletons’, ‘emotional f***wittage’ and ‘mummy pants’, and the familiar cry of ‘I am Bridget Jones’.
This special bumper anniversary compendium also features an introduction and commentary from Helen Fielding, and over 100 pages of rare material taken from 25 years of her writing, including:
* Extracts from Helen’s early journalism
* A selection of the original Independent newspaper columns.
* Bridget Jones interviews Colin Firth
* Later columns on #MeToo, Brexit, and Bridget’s lockdown life
* A selection of hilarious restaurant reviews featuring the real life inspirations for Jude, Shazzer, Auntie Una, Mum and Daniel Cleaver
A brilliant evocation of life as a single girl in a certain time . . . reads like Anita Loos out of Jane Austen, and any woman who has ever had a job, a relationship or indeed a mother will read it and roar
Wild comedy . . . observed with merciless, flamboyant wit. A gloriously funny book
The best, the original, the seminal
Mail on Sunday