Draw Tyrone competition terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this competition to draw a picture of the character, Tyrone, from the story Tyrone Claps for Mum by Lenny Henry (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be a resident of the United Kingdom. This promotion is open to all ages, provided that if you are under 18 years old your entry must be submitted on your behalf by your parent, guardian or carer and you must ask your parent, guardian or carer for permission to enter into this Promotion. By giving permission they must agree to read, accept and comply with these terms on your behalf. If you do not understand any part of these terms please ask your parent, guardian or carer to explain them. We may require written proof of age and parental permission from entrants and winners.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families or households) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 6am on Thursday 29th October 2020 and Midnight on 18th December 2020.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: Draw an original picture of what you imagine the character Tyrone, from the story Tyrone Claps for Mum by Lenny Henry to look like. [The drawing should be original art, hand-drawn on plain paper (any media e.g pen, pencil, paint, crayon) or using a computer drawing programme. You can watch the video of Sir Lenny Henry reading Tyrone Claps for Mum to get ideas. Email a scan, photo or computer file of your drawing to firstname.lastname@example.org The submitted file should show a clear picture with no shadows visible. If you are under 18 then your parent, guardian or carer should submit the drawing on your behalf. Due to the current restrictions in place around Covid-19, we are unable to accept physical entries.
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification
8. The creation and submission of entries is at the entrant’s own cost. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties (other than parents, guardians or carers of entrants aged under 18) are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Where relevant, please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: a selection of drawings will be chosen to appear as part of a collage in the first Tyrone book, written by Lenny Henry, published and the creators of the selected entries will receive a copy of the book after its publication no later than August 2022. Each of the selected entrants will also receive four Macmillan Children’s Books (which will be selected by the promoter) after 15th January 2021.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: a selection of up to 25 drawings will be chosen by a panel of judges based on those that best reflect the character and spirit of Tyrone and at least one judge will be independent of the Promoter. Full names of the judging panel will be available on request. Any decision will be final and binding and no further communication will be entered into in relation to it.
11. Ownership of entries: In consideration of having the opportunity to participate in the Promotion you grant to the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide, royalty free licence to publish, edit, display, use, transmit, make available, distribute and store your entry (or your child’s entry as the case may be) in whole or in part for any purpose for the full period of copyright including all periods of renewal, extension and revival of the copyright and in all media formats whether now known or devised in future (including without limitation on websites and social media channels) and to sublicense others to do the same, provided that nothing in these terms will oblige the Promotor to use or exploit the entry . You also hereby waive all moral rights you (or your child) may now or in the future hold in connection with the entry and acknowledge that the Promoter may require you to enter into additional written agreements in connection with the Promoter’s use of the entry. In respect of your entry (or your child’s entry as the case may be) you confirm that: (i) the entry is original and no other person was involved in its creation; (ii) the entry is not defamatory and does not infringe any applicable laws, or any rights of any third party, (iii) you have the right to give the Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use your entry for the purposes specified herein; (iv) you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your entry or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18; and (v) it is lawful for you to enter.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: by email if the drawing has been selected by 15th January 2021. In order to send the four Macmillan Children’s Books after 15th January 2021 and a copy of the book in August 2022, we will contact the selected entrants to confirm an address to which the book should be sent.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 30 working days of being notified and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. If a winner or their parent, carer or guardian cannot be reached or do not accept the prize within 30 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner. The Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The winner(s) may be required to participate in reasonable post event publicity in any form (including on the Promoters website and social media pages) at no cost.
15. The winner’s first name and county, and if applicable, an image of the winning entry can be obtained via email by emailing email@example.com after 15th January 2021. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and/or winning entry being made available, please inform the Promotor using these contact details and quoting the name of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available and the Prize is non-transferable.
17. All personal data submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner consistent with the Promoter’s Privacy Notice accessible at https://www.panmacmillan.com/panmac/privacy-notice. See also the condition above with regard to the announcement of winners.
18. The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Promotion shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.