The Boy With Wings Competition – Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this competition to win a space for your classroom at the Lenny Henry virtual school event and a copy of The Boy with Wings by Lenny Henry for each child in your class (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry. To the extent that: (i) you submit an entry on behalf of a student in your class (“Student”) in respect of the Promotion; and (ii) the Student is under 18 years old, you must ask their parent, guardian or carer for permission to enter into these terms and by giving permission they must agree to read, accept and comply with these terms on the Student’s behalf. If any Student does not understand any part of these terms please ensure you explain it to them or ask the Student’s parent, guardian or carer to explain the terms to them. We may require written proof of age and parental permission in respect of entrants and winners.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families or households) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 6am 27 September 2021 and 23.59pm on 13 October 2021.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: submit an entry on behalf of each student in your class by requesting that each student do the following: “Write and tell us what your superhero adventure would be. You can write about your superpowers, or your superhero group or who your nemesis is – the more creative the better! Or you can draw an original picture showcasing you as a superhero”. Noting that, any drawing that you submit from a Student must be their original artwork, hand-drawn on plain paper (using any media e.g. pen, pencil, paint, crayon) or using a computer drawing programme.
7. In order to submit an entry, a teacher must send an using their professional email address, which attaches each Student’s drawing or story as a scan, photo or computer file, to email@example.com on the Students’ behalf. Any entries that Promoter receives from any person who is not a teacher, using their professional email address, (including any entries sent directly by the Students) will: (a) be deemed invalid; (b) not be considered by Promoter; and (iii) be promptly deleted from Promoter’s IT systems. Due to the current restrictions in place around Covid-19, we are unable to accept physical entries. You agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or any other harmful programs.
8. Only one entry per eligible person, in this case being one entry per class including either one story or one drawing per Student. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
9. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Where relevant, please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
10. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: one winner will win:
- entry for their class to Lenny Henry’s virtual school event happening live on 20th October 2021; and
- a copy of The Boy with Wings (9781529067835) by Lenny Henry in hardback for each child in their class (provided that the number of children in the class does not exceed 30).
11. The prize shall be awarded as follows: A panel of judges will select the winner based on the entries that show the best creativity and best reflect the spirit of The Boy with Wings and at least one judge will be independent of the Promoter. Full names of the judging panel will be available on request. Any decision will be final and binding and no further communication will be entered into in relation to it.
12. Ownership of entries: You confirm that: (i) your entry is your own original work, or that of the Students, and no other person was involved in its creation; (ii) your entry is not defamatory and does not infringe any applicable laws, or any rights of any third party; (iii) you have the right to give the Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use your entry for the purposes specified herein; (iv) you have the consent to submit the relevant entry of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution, and/or who created the contribution, or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18; and (v) it is lawful for you to enter the Promotion.
13. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: You will be notified by email by 15th October 2021.
14. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 3 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. The Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 7 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 3 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner. The Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
15. The winner(s) may be required to participate in reasonable post event publicity in any form (including on the Promoters website and social media pages) at no cost, provided that the Promoter will be required to obtain consent of the parent, guardian or carer of any Student who is under 18 for such Student to participate in these publicity activities.
16. The winner’s surname and county, and if applicable, a copy of the winning entry can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Let Your Imagination Fly, Pan Macmillan, The Smithson, 6 Briset Street, London EC1M 5NR 30 days after the closing date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and/or winning entry being made available, please inform the Promoter using these contact details and quoting the name of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
18. All personal data submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner consistent with the Promoter’s Privacy Notice, accessible at https://www.panmacmillan.com/privacy-notice. See also the condition above with regard to the announcement of winners.
19. The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Promotion.
20. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrant’s own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Promotion shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.