NOAH’S GOLD LETTER WRITING CHALLENGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR USE WITH PROMOTIONS RESTRICTED TO UK RESIDENTS ONLY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Noah’s Gold by Frank Cottrell-Boyce Letter Writing Challenge (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Macmillan Children’s Books, a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion the entrants must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 7 to 11 years old at the time of entry. Entries are permissible via parents, guardians, carers and teachers.
If you are under 18 years old you must ask your parent, guardian or carer for permission to enter into these terms and by giving permission they must agree to read, accept and comply with these terms on your behalf. If you do not understand any part of these terms please ask your parent, guardian or carer to explain them. We may require written proof of age and parental permission from entrants and winners.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 9.00am on 10th May 2021 and 11.59pm on 11th June 2021.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: complete the Letter Writing Challenge using the template provided (your letter shouldn’t exceed the space provided) and email your entry to email@example.com
7. Only one entry per eligible child. Multiple entries from the same child will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification. We are happy to accept one email comprising multiple children’s entries.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: one winner will receive a class set of signed copies of Noah's Gold for their classroom (maximum 30 copies) AND the opportunity to interview Frank Cottrell-Boyce on his YouTube channel.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: entries will be judged by an internal panel of Macmillan Children’s Books staff in consultation with Noah’s Gold author Frank Cottrell-Boyce, and a winner selected as per the decision of the judging panel.
Full names of the judging panel will be available on request. Any decision will be final and binding and no further communication will be entered into in relation to it.
11. Ownership of entries: You confirm that your entry is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws, including privacy laws, whether of the UK or elsewhere, or any rights of any third party, that no other person was involved in the creation of your entry, that you have the right to give Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use it for the purposes specified herein, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18 (or the applicable age of majority), it is lawful for you to enter and that you agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or any other harmful programs.
11. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: by email by 30th June 2021.
12. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 5 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 5 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
13. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost. The winner will be given the opportunity to interview Frank Cottrell-Boyce for his YouTube channel and parental/guardian/teacher consent will be required to participate.
14. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition 30 days after the closing date to: Noah’s Gold Letter Writing Competition, Macmillan Children’s Books (Marketing), The Smithson, 6 Briset Street, London EC1M 5NR.
15. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
17. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
18. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.