Tea and books giveaway terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Tea & Books Giveaway (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry. If you are under 18 years old you must ask your parent, guardian or carer for permission to enter into these terms and by giving permission they must agree to read, accept and comply with these terms on your behalf. If you do not understand any part of these terms please ask your parent, guardian or carer to explain them. We may require written proof of age and parental permission from entrants and winners.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families or households) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 4pm on 18th November 2020 and 4pm on 26th November 2020.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way:
- You must follow BOTH Instagram accounts @bookbreakuk and @tea.from.above
Leave a comment on either of the following pictures (https://www.instagram.com/p/CHvO-DzASs9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link or https://www.instagram.com/p/CHvO_NrAtN5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link) tagging a friend who loves tea and books too.
All entries must comply with the Instagram Community Guidelines and any entries which do not comply will be disqualified.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Instagram from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.
7. Entrants may tag multiple friends, but limit one tag per comment. Multiple comments are allowed. Entering the competition by commenting on the picture on both @bookbreakuk and @tea.from.above is also allowed. Should the person who has been tagged wish to enter, they should do so separately.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Where relevant, please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following, posted to one UK address:
- The Book of Tea by Okakura Kakuzo
- If Cats Disappeared from the World by Genki Kawamura
- Poems for Travellers introduced by Paul Theroux
- Dear Mrs Bird by AJ Pearce
- Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho
- Gingerbread by Helen Oyeyemi
- The Year of the Runaways by Sunjeev Sahota
- Katsute 100 Genmaicha tea
- Katsute 100 Matcha tea
- Fortnum & Mason Breakfast Blend tea
- Fortnum & Mason Earl Grey Classic tea
- Jing Phoenix Honey Orchard tea
- Jing Chai tea
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: The winner will be chosen by random prize draw. Selection will be made via a randomised computer selection process.
11. Ownership of entries: The Promoter does not claim any rights of ownership in your entry.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified via a direct message on social media.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. The Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 7 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
15. The winner’s surname and county can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com 30 days after the closing date. If you object to any or all of your first name, county and/or winning entry being made available, please inform the Promoter using these contact details and quoting the name of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
You can find out who has won a prize by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 30 days after the closing date.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
17. All personal data submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner consistent with the Promoter’s Privacy Notice accessible at https://www.panmacmillan.com/privacy-notice. See also the condition above with regard to the announcement of winners.
18. The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Promotion shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.