The Treehouse Reading Challenge Terms and Conditions
THE TREEHOUSE READING CHALLENGE 2021 PRIZE PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this The Treehouse Reading Challenge and Go Ape competition (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Macmillan Children’s Books a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion the entrants must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 7+ years old at the time of entry. Entries are permissible and expected via parents and/or guardians, carers and teachers.
If you are under 18 years old you must ask your parent, guardian, carer or teacher for permission to enter into these terms and by giving permission they must agree to read, accept and comply with these terms on your behalf. If you do not understand any part of these terms please ask your parent, guardian or carer to explain them. We may require written proof of age and parental permission from entrants and winners.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families or households) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 9 a.m. on 9th August and 11 p.m. on 30th September.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: by visiting the competition page on the Pan Macmillan webpage at www.panmacmillan.com/treehousereadingchallenge and completing the entry form which will request details of name and email address, and for the correct answer to the question ‘What is the title of the forthcoming new book in the Treehouse series by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton?'.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability associated with this Promotion. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. All entries must comply with the Twitter Rules, Facebook Community Standards, Instagram Community Guidelines and any entries which do not comply will be disqualified.
7. There is no restriction on the number of entries that an eligible person can make.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Where relevant, please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: A £250 Go Ape voucher for use at any of their sites, valid for one year from the date on which it is sent to the winner, and a signed hardback copy of The 143-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: a winner will be selected via a randomised computer selection process following the promotion closing date.
11. Ownership of entries: The Promoter does not claim any rights of ownership in your entry.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: within 2 weeks of the closing date, the winner will be notified via the email address submitted with their competition entry.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 5 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. The Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 5 working days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner. The Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The winner(s) may be required to participate in reasonable post event publicity in any form (including on the Promoters website and social media pages) at no cost. Parental/Guardian consent will be required to participate.
15. The winner’s surname and county, and if applicable, a copy of the winning entry can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to The Treehouse Reading Challenge, Macmillan Children’s Books, The Smithson, 6 Briset Street, London EC1M 5NR 30 days after the closing date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and/or winning entry being made available, please inform the Promoter using these contact details and quoting the name of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available and the Prize is non-transferable.
17. All personal data submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner consistent with the Promoter’s Privacy Notice accessible at https://www.panmacmillan.com/panmac/privacy-notice. See also the condition above with regard to the announcement of winners
18. The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Promotion shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.