To Sleep in a Sea of Stars publication day prize promotion terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this To Sleep in a Sea of Stars publication day giveaway (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Tor UK/Pan Macmillan, a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 10 AM BST on 15th September 2020 and 12PM BST on 20th September 2020.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way:
‘Like’ and retweet the original and corresponding giveaway tweet on Tor UK’s Twitter page (@UKTor). This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Twitter from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following:
15/09 12.00pm Forbidden Planet limited edition giveaway (one winner)
- 1 x copy of the Forbidden Planet on-sale limited edition of To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
15/09 14.00pm To Sleep in a Sea of Stars pin badge giveaway (five winners)
- 5 x To Sleep in a Sea of Stars enamel pin badges
15/09 16.00pm Limited edition proof of To Sleep in a Sea of Stars and bookmark giveaway (one winner)
- 1 x limited edition proof copy of To Sleep in a Sea of Stars (not for resale or quotation) and 1 x To Sleep in a Sea of Stars-themed bookmark
15/09 20.00pm Hardback standard edition, pin badge, candle and bookmark giveaway (one winner)
- 1 x signed standard edition hardback copy of To Sleep in a Sea of Stars, 1 x To Sleep in a Sea of Stars-themed bookmark, pin badge and candle
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows:
The winners for each giveaway will be selected from those entrants who ‘liked’ and retweeted the corresponding giveaway tweet from Tor UK’s Twitter page, and will be picked purely by chance using a randomised selection process.
11. Ownership of entries: N/A
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows:
Tor UK (@TorUK) will direct message the winners via Twitter.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 30 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 30 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
15. You can find out who has won a prize by emailing email@example.com 30 days after the closing date.
16. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
18. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.