Literary Friction x Picador giveaway: Terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Literary Friction x Picador giveaway (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged  years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families or households) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 00:00 on 22nd September 2022 and 23:59 on 6th October 2022
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: You can enter this Promotion in the following way: by completing the form at https://www.panmacmillan.com/literaryfriction-giveaway
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Where relevant, please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following:
5 winners will receive:
1 x Literary Friction branded tote bag
5 x Picador Collection titles (Nevada; The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat; Station Eleven; So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed; Annie John)
10. All valid entries will be entered into a prize draw and selection will be done via a random
11. The Promoter does not claim any rights of ownership in your entry.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: Via email after the closing date.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 14 working days
and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency
details, among other details. The Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their
prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept
the prize within 14 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the
right to choose another winner. The Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not
to correspond on any matter.
14. The winner(s) may be required to participate in reasonable post event publicity in any form
(including on the Promoters website and social media pages) at no cost.
15. The winner’s surname and county, and if applicable, a copy of the winning entry can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Literary Friction x Picador giveaway, Pan Macmillan, The Smithson, 6 Briset Street, London EC1M 5NR 30 days after the closing date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and/or winning entry being made available, please inform the Promoter using these contact details and quoting the name of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change
the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to
the Prize is available [and the Prize is non-transferable]
17. All personal data submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner
consistent with the Promoter’s Privacy Notice accessible at
https://www.panmacmillan.com/privacy-notice. See also the condition above with regard to
the announcement of winners.]
18. The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is
permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense,
whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the
Prize. All activities
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Promotion shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.