Classic books to read at least once in your lifetime Giveaway - Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Classic books to read at least once in your lifetime Giveaway (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families or households) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 06:00 am on 26th September 2022 and 23:59 pm on 2nd October 2022.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: visiting https://www.panmacmillan.com/mcl-giveaway and completing the form.
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Where relevant, please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following - One winner will receive:
- 1 x Persuasion by Jane Austen
- 1 x Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- 1 x Orlando by Virginia Woolf
- 1 x Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass
- 1 x Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- 1 x The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
- 1 x Women of the Harlem Renaissance edited by Marissa Constantinou
- 1 x Greyfriars Bobby by Eleanor Atkinson
- 1 x The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man by James Weldon Johnson
- 1 x Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- 1 x On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin
- 1 x The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells
- 1 x Passing by Nella Larsen
- 1 x Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
- 1 x Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- 1 x Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- 1 x Wonderful Adventures of Mrs Seacole in Many Lands by Mary Seacole
- 1 x Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- 1 x The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- 1 x Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- 1 x Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: All valid entries will be entered into a prize draw and selection will be done via a random computer selection.
11. Ownership of entries: The Promoter does not claim any rights of ownership in your entry.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: They will receive an email from the marketing team at Pan Macmillan within 30 working days of the closing date notifying them of their win.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 10 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 10 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The winner(s) may be required to participate in reasonable post event publicity in any form (including on the Promoters website and social media pages) at no cost.
15. The winner’s surname and county, and if applicable, a copy of the winning entry can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Classic books to read at least once in your lifetime Giveaway, Pan Macmillan, The Smithson, 6 Briset Street, London EC1M 5NR’ 30 days after the closing date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and/or winning entry being made available, please inform the Promoter using these contact details and quoting the name of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
17. All personal data submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner consistent with the Promoter’s Privacy Notice accessible at https://www.panmacmillan.com/privacy-notice. See also the condition above with regard to the announcement of winners.
18. The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Promotion shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.