Make Joe Wicks's Lean Me Up Salad
Now that spring has officially sprung and you're after even more Lean inspiration, why not try Joe Wick's delicious Lean Me Up Salad?
Joe Wicks's Lean Me Up Salad makes a tasty lunch or light dinner during the warmer months.
- 225g deli-style cooked chicken (roughly sliced)
- 1 rasher smoked streaky bacon
- 4 asparagus spears (woody stalk trimmed)
- 3 midget trees (a.k.a broccoli) woody parts of the stalk removed
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 3 slices of halloumi
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- A large handful of salad leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 1 gherkin (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat up a griddle pan on a high heat.
2. Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil into a bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Drop in the cherry tomatoes, midget trees and asparagus spears and swirl around so they are all lightly coated in the oil.
3. When the griddle is hot add the oil slicked vegetables, and cook them, turning every now and then for about 3 minutes by which time they should be lightly blistered and browned in certain areas and tender, but still crunchy. Remove the cooked veg to a plate and keep warm.
4. Lay the bacon onto the griddle and fry for about 1 minute, before turning and adding the halloumi slices. Fry for another minute or so until cooked and lightly golden. Remove the ingredients and place onto the same plate as the veg.
5. Mix the remaining tablespoon of olive oil with Dijon mustard and lemon juice until you reach a smooth dressing. Add the finely chopped pieces of gherkin.
6. Build your salad by piling the salad leaves and avocado slices onto a plate, arrange the cooked veg and chicken on top, and then break up the halloumi and bacon into pieces and loosely scatter. Dress the salad with your gherkin vinaigrette and finally finish with a sprinkling of toasted pumpkin seeds.