Want to eat pancakes for breakfast and still get lean? Yes please! These protein pancakes from Joe Wicks's million-copy bestselling first book, Lean in 15: The Shift Plan may look naughty, but they’re actually the perfect post-workout treat, so stack ’em up and enjoy. Why not double up the recipe and make them this weekend for a healthier brunch?
Serves one (double up if you want to share)
1 banana, roughly chopped
1 scoop (30g) vanilla protein powder
25g rolled oats
1 tbsp coconut oil full-fat Greek yoghurt, blueberries and raspberries, to serve.
1. Whizz up the banana, protein powder, egg and oats in a blender to make your batter.
2. Heat up half the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
3. Pour little puddles of batter into the pan – I usually get 3 pancakes, with about half the batter in the pan at once.
4. Cook for about 1 minute on each side.
5. Remove and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
6. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a few berries.
Recipe taken from Joe Wicks' Lean in 15 - The Shift Plan.
Watch the video to find out what Leena made of Joe's pancakes
Want to be inspired?
Sign up to The Uplift and get expert advice and inspiration to start living a happier, healthier life.