Joe Wicks's protein pancakes recipe
Eat pancakes and get lean? Yes please! These may look naughty, but they're actually the perfect post-workout treat, so stack 'em up and enjoy.
Want to eat pancakes for breakfast and still get lean? Yes please! These protein pancakes from Joe Wicks's million-copy bestselling first book, Lean in 15: The Shift Plan may look naughty, but they're actually the perfect post-workout treat, so stack 'em up and enjoy. Why not double up the recipe and make them this weekend for a healthier brunch?
1 (double up if you want to share)
- 1 banana (roughly chopped)
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 egg
- 25g rolled oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil full-fat Greek yoghurt
- blueberries and raspberries - to serve.
1. Whizz up the banana, protein powder, egg and oats in a blender to make your batter.
2. Heat up half the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
3. Pour little puddles of batter into the pan – I usually get 3 pancakes, with about half the batter in the pan at once.
4. Cook for about 1 minute on each side.
5. Remove and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
6. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a few berries.
If you're looking for more inspiration, discover our ultimate guide to Joe Wicks's books, including Joe's latest book, Joe's Family Food.