Stronger book promotion terms & conditions
Terms and Conditions
Entries to this Promotion may be featured in the online marketing campaign for Poorna Bell’s new book Stronger which will run across social media channels and aims to demonstrate that strength comes in all shapes, sizes, colours and ages (the “Marketing Campaign”). If you do not wish for your entry to be used in this way please do not enter this Promotion.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering this search for followers to feature in the Marketing Campaign (the “Promotion”) you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1.This Promotion is run by Bluebird Books, an imprint of Pan Macmillan which is a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2.To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3.This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families or households) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4.The Promotion is open for entries between 9 am on January 11th 2020 and 12 am on February 15th 2021.
5.No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of being selected to feature in the Marketing Campaign.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: Post an image on Instagram or Twitter captioning it with what getting strong means to you and the hashtag #StrongerBook. We are looking for posts that demonstrate strength comes in all shapes, sizes, colours and ages.
7. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability associated with this Promotion. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram or Twitter. All entries must comply with the Twitter Rules and Instagram Community Guidelines and any entries which do not comply will be disqualified.
8. There is no restriction on the number of entries that an eligible person can make.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted.
10. The Promotor will select a minimum of 3 entries to feature in the Marketing Campaign who will be selected by the judges based on how well they demonstrate strength coming in all shapes and sizes and how affecting the judges find the caption and back story at least one judge will be independent of the Promoter. Full names of the judging panel will be available on request. Any decision will be final and binding and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
11.Each person selected to feature in the Marketing Campaign (the “Selected Entrants”) will be notified by the Promotor via direct message on Instagram or Twitter and will be asked to complete and return a release form (via Google Forms) authorising the Promotor to use their entry for advertising purposes and collecting information required for payment purposes. All completed release forms must be submitted to the Promoter by 28th February 2021 (the “Submission Deadline”). If a Selected Entrant does not complete and return a release form by the Submission Deadline they will forfeit the opportunity for their entry to feature in the Marketing Campaign and the Promoter reserves the right to choose another entry to feature instead.
12. All Selected Entrants who submit a completed release form by the Submission Deadline will be featured in the Marketing Campaign and will receive:
- a fee of £100 (the “Fee”);
- an early signed copy of Stronger by Poorna Bell; and
- a bundle of 5 other Bluebird books (exact titles may vary, selected entrants can choose from the Bluebird catalogue subject to stock availability);
The Promotor will endeavour to ensure that that the books are received within 30 days of the Submission Deadline.
13. As well as submitting the release form, to receive the Fee, Selected Entrants will be required to:
- provide confirmation of bank details together with supporting documentation (which may be a be a letter from the bank verifying the account number and sort code, a copy of a bank statement (with financial entries omitted/edited out), or a blank cheque /paying in slip); and
- submit an invoice for the Fee to firstname.lastname@example.org using a template invoice which will be provided. Invoices must be submitted in PDF format.
14. The Promotor will pay all valid invoices for the Fee within 30 days following receipt.
15. Any tax or other charges payable as a result of featuring in the Marketing Campaign or receiving the Fee will be the responsibility of the Selected Entrant. Entrants should seek independent financial advice prior to entering this Promotion if this is a concern.
16. Any government officials that enter the Promotion are responsible for ensuring that they may enter and/or receive the Fee and that the Fee does not exceed any relevant limit for their role.
17. All entrants confirm that: (i) you are the person who appears in your entry; (ii) your entry is your own original work and is not copied, is not defamatory and does not infringe any applicable laws, or any rights of any third party; (iii) you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in or mentioned in your entry or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18; and (iv) it is lawful for you to enter.
18. Selected Entrants may be required to participate in reasonable post event publicity in any form (including on the Promoters website and social media pages) at no cost.
19. The first name and county, and if applicable, a copy of the entry of the entrants who are selected to feature in the Marketing Campaign can be obtained by emailing email@example.com 30 days after the closing date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and/or entry being made available in response to such enquiries, please inform the Promotor using these contact details and quoting the name of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and entries entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions as required by the circumstances.
21.All personal data submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner consistent with the Promoter’s Privacy Notice accessible at https://www.panmacmillan.com/panmac/privacy-notice.
22.The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Promotion.
23. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected
24.These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Promotion shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.