The seventh series of Vera returns to UK screens on Sunday 19th March 2017 on ITV. Award-winning actress Brenda Blethyn stars as DCI Vera Stanhope, with Kenny Doughty (DS Aiden Healy), Noof McEwan (DC Hicham Cherradi) and Jon Morrison (DC Kenny Lockhart).
In the first episode, we'll see DCI Vera Stanhope and her team drawn into a suspicious death on Ternstone, a remote and inaccessible island off the coast of Northumberland. The last thing anyone expected to see was a body, washed up on the shore...
The ITV drama is based on the bestselling Inspector Stanhope novels by Ann Cleeves and we're giving you the chance to win the all the books.
To enter, just answer the question below. The competition ends at midday on Friday 24th March 2017.
Terms and conditions
You must be a resident of the UK and over 18 years old to enter. Please read the terms and conditions below.
Question: Which actress plays Ann Cleeve’s Vera Stanhope in the ITV drama?
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Vera Stanhope novels competition (“Promotion
”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 12:00
on Friday 10th March 2017
on Friday 24th March 2017
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: Answer the multiple choice question and complete the form found at
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: a set of the Inspector Stanhope novels -
1 x The Crow Trap
(paperback); 1 x Telling Tales
(paperback); 1 x Hidden Depths
(paperback); 1 x Silent Voices
(paperback); 1 x The Glass Room
(paperback); 1 x Harbour Street
(paperback); 1 x The Moth Catcher.
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: One winner will chosen at random from the submitted entries, via a randomised computer selection process.
11. Ownership of entries: You confirm that your entry is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws, including privacy laws, whether of the UK or elsewhere, or any rights of any third party, that no other person was involved in the creation of your entry, that you have the right to give Promoter and its respective licensees permission to use it for the purposes specified herein, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent, guardian or carer if they are under 18 (or the applicable age of majority), it is lawful for you to enter and that you agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or any other harmful programs.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: by email correspondence within five  working days of the competition closing date.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within seven [7
] working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within thirty [30
] days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within seven [7
] days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost.
15. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Vera Stanhope Novels Competition, Pan Macmillan, 20 New Wharf Road, London, N1 9RR, 30 days after the closing date.
16. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available. The Prize is non-transferable.
18. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.