Make Joe Wicks' McLeanie Breakfast Hash
Is Joe Wicks' McLeanie Breakfast Hash a bit of you? Make it this morning with this recipe from his new book, The Fat Loss Plan.
- 30g midget trees (tenderstem broccoli) thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large potato peeled cooked and roughly chopped (about 200g)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 1/4 courgette coarsely grated
- large handful of baby spinach
- chopped salt and pepper
- 3-4 thick slices of lean deli-style ham
- roughly chopped (about 180g)
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts to scatter (optional)
- Simmer the broccoli in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and roughly chop.
- Melt the oil in a wide non-stick frying pan and add the potato, garlic, spring onions and courgette. Stir and cook for 5-6 minutes over a high heat.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until just wilted.
- Season the mixture and stir in the chopped ham, broccoli and parsley.
- Make two dips in the hash and crack an egg into each one. Put a lid on the pan and cook until the egg is just set or cooked to your liking.
- Season and serve scattered with the toasted pine nuts, if using.