Joe Wicks' peri peri halloumi burger recipe
Make this delicious peri peri halloumi burger, a healthy vegetarian recipe from The Body Coach’s Veggie Lean in 15.
- 3 tbsp peri-peri sauce
- 100g halloumi (cut into four slices)
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 1 medium tomato
- burger bun
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the peri-peri sauce into a shallow bowl. Add the halloumi slices to the bowl and turn them so that both sides are covered in the sauce. Leave to marinate for a few minutes.
- While your cheese is marinating, stir the remaining peri-peri into the mayo. Separate the lettuce leaves and slice the tomato into rounds.
- Warm a dry non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When it is hot, chuck in the halloumi slices. Dry-fry for 2 minutes on each side, spooning any of the leftover marinade over the cheese as it cooks so that it becomes sticky and crisp. Take off the heat.
- Toast your burger bun, then spread the base with the spicy mayo. Stack in the halloumi, lettuce and tomato.