Kale and white bean soup recipe from The How Not To Die Cookbook
Make this delicious, warming soup, perfect for lunch on a chilly day.
- Heat 1 cup/250ml of the broth in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potato, kale, chilli flakes, bay leaves and the remaining 5 cups/1.2 litres of broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the beans, and cook until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Ladle about ⅓ cup/80ml of the broth into a small bowl or cup. Add the miso paste and stir to blend.
- Pour the miso mixture into the soup and stir in the nutritional yeast, parsley, marjoram and savory spice blend*. Serve hot.