A murder mystery game
by Ann Cleeves
Ann Cleeves – bestselling crime writer of Vera and Shetland fame – has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland sunday tea especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party.
What's in your murder mystery kit?
1. A script for 4 actors. This is a specially written script by Ann Cleeves, the setting is a Shetland Sunday tea and Shetland detective Jimmy Perez makes a guest appearence.
2. Promotional material including PDFs of professionally designed posters, tickets and the competition form for anyone putting on a public event.
3. A running order and guide for planning the event.
4. A template press release to send out to local media.
5. Recipes for a traditional shetland tea accompanied by each chef’s story.
What you'll need
1. 4 actors – 2 men and 2 women. They don’t need to learn lines but should be confident about reading a short monologue in front of an audience.
2. Someone to host and chair the event.
4. Scrap paper and pencils so people can take notes – some do take this event very seriously!
5. Encourage attendees to bring along some homebaking in the spirit of a shetland sunday tea. the packs also include recipes should any of the organizers want to create some authentic fayre
download the murder mystery pack
download the shetland tea recipes
download the event poster
download the editable press release template
Find out more about all the books in the shetland series here.
Love a good thriller? Sign up to the thin blue spine newsletter to get the latest and best crime thriller recommendations straight to your inbox every month.
The Seagull is Ann Cleeves’ searing eighth novel in the bestselling Vera Stanhope series, about corruption deep in the heart of a community, and about fragile, and fracturing, family relationships.
Shrewd. Smart. Challenging. Detective Inspector Vera Stanhope is on the case.