Joe Wicks’ chickpea, tomato and spinach curry recipe
A perfect dinner for Meat Free Monday, why not make this delicious and healthy vegan chickpea curry from The Body Coach. Joe Wicks’ Veggie Lean in 15 is full of tasty, healthy vegetarian and vegan recipes.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1⁄2 onion (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp garlic–ginger paste
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- squeeze of lemon juice
- handful of coriander leaves
- coconut yoghurt (to serve – optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Chuck in the onion, along with a pinch of salt. Cook for 6 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the garlic–ginger paste, turmeric and garam masala. Cook for 1 minute, stirring until it smells fragrant.
- Turn up the heat, chuck in the tomatoes and the tin of chickpeas with all of their water. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper, then leave the curry to bubble away for 5 minutes.
- Drop in the spinach leaves. Once wilted, take the pan off the heat and squeeze in the lemon juice to taste. Spoon into a bowl, stir through most of the coriander leaves, then top with the rest. Serve with coconut yoghurt, if you like.