Make Joe Wicks's Moroccan salmon fishcakes
Make these delicious reduced-carb salmon and prawn fishcakes from Joe Wicks's new book, The Fat Loss Plan.
Looking for a delicious but lean midweek meal? Why not make these reduced-carb salmon and prawn fishcakes from Joe Wicks's new book, The Fat Loss Plan which is out now. Served with a super-tasty seed and nut salad, this recipe is packed with healthy fats to fuel your body.
- For the fishcakes:
- 1 x 120g skinless salmon fillet roughly chopped
- 100g raw peeled tiger prawns roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp rose harissa spice paste
- 1 tbsp mint finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- zest of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper
- For the salad:
- 1 carrot coarsely grated
- 1/4 cucumber peeled into thin shreds with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp each of chopped mint and coriander plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 tsp rose harissa paste
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Optional - 1 tbsp each of toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Optional - 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place the salmon, prawns, harissa, mint, coriander and lime zest in a food processor.
- Season and pulse until well combined, but still a little chunky.
- Divide the mixture into three portions and form each one into a patty, about 1.5cm thick.
- Place on a grill rack and cook under the grill for about 6-8 minutes, turning halfway through, or until cooked and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, make the salad by chucking the carrot, cucumber, red onion and chopped herbs into a bowl. Whisk together the harissa with the orange juice and garlic and pour over the vegetables. Season well and toss to combine.
- Pile on a plate with the seeds (if using) and pine nuts and serve with the fish cakes.