Make Joe Wicks’s delicious healthy pancakes with bacon and maple syrup
This delicious but healthy pancakes recipe is perfect for an indulgent breakfast or brunch.
Inspired by Elvis’s favourite peanut butter and banana sandwiches, these tasty and healthy pancakes with bacon and maple syrup from Joe Wicks’s 30 Day Kick Start Plan are delicious when made for a special Pancake Day breakfast or a weekend brunch.
- Preheat your grill to maximum.
- Lay the rashers of bacon on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Slide under the hot grill. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking. I like my bacon crispy on the outside but still a little soft.
- Meanwhile using a fork, mash the bananas in a bowl into a rough puree. Crack in the eggs, spoon in 1 tablespoon peanut butter, sprinkle in the cinnamon, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Give everything a good stir. Pancake batter sorted.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a low to medium heat. Once bubbling, spoon the batter into the pan to make 4-6 pancakes. Fry the pancakes without moving them for 3 minutes on the first side, or until the batter has set, then flip and fry the pancakes for a further minute on the second side.
- While the pancakes are gently frying, mix the remaining peanut butter with ½ tablespoon water in a small bowl. This will loosen it, making it easier to drizzle on the pancakes.
- Pile the banana pancakes onto a plate. Top with the bacon, drizzle over the peanut butter along with a little maple syrup, if you like. Gobble down, Elvis-style.