What's your wedding style?
author karen swan has written the ultimate guide to a 'summer at tiffany’s' wedding, meet the three ladies at the heart of the novel via their personal wedding plans...
suzy’s tiffany’s wedding: motto: ‘go classic. you’ll thank me fifteen years from now.’
- colour scheme: ivory and powder pastels - blue, pink, pistachio, primrose, dove.flowers: clotted cream roses for the bride. flower arrangements for the marquee should be suspended above the tables, rather than placed upon them.
- dress: no bride can go wrong in vera wang. mousseline ruffles for slender brides; fishtails, corsetry and chiffon sleeves for curvy brides. for extroverted brides, a contrast velvet ribbon at the waist.
- tableware: powder blue thomas goode bone china.
- invitations: blind embossed and tissue-lined. sent at least eight weeks in advance.
- marquee: double-topped with windows and pleated-silk inner lining. the poles are hidden by ribbons which should colour-match the napkins or bridesmaids.
- favours: champagne truffles or strawberry bonbons.
- wedding breakfast: beef or lobster. buttermilk bavarois for pudding. circular tables fanned around top table.
- music: harp for the bride’s entrance into church, string quartet at the reception, jazz band after dinner.
- tiffany trinket: elsa perretti crystal bone candlesticks on the tables
cassie’s tiffanys wedding: motto: ‘relax and savour every moment.’
- colour scheme: antique palette of dusty rose-pink, sand, duck egg, celadon.
- flowers: the bride should carry long-stemmed maiden’s blush roses; exuberant proliferations of meadow wildflowers in the church and crammed into jam jars in the marquee.
- a vintage wedding dress in silk tulle with a long veil. open to the idea of pastel-tinted bridal dresses in silk chiffon with delicate ballerina wraps.
- tableware: eclectic mix of mismatched antique china.
- invitations written by hand and sealed with petals, giving a month’s notice.
- marquee: canvas bell tents clustered in a wide circle around a fire pit.
- favours: big boxes of maltesers.
- wedding breakfast: hampers of carpaccio and terrines, taken on welsh wool blankets and thrown randomly on the grass.
- music: organ for the bride’s entrance; a friend playing the piano during the reception; henry’s playlist on spotify after dinner.
- tiffany trinket: solitaire engagement ring.
gem’s view: motto: ‘dance barefoot and trash the dress. it’s the best party of your life.’
- colour scheme: pure white with bold highlights of colour: turquoise, teal, cobalt, dawn peach or sunset orange.
- flowers: a daisy chain circlet in place of a tiara; daffodils in the church. poppies and forget-me-nots still growing in the long grasses in the fields for the reception.
- dress: short and strapless corded lace, or long and cut on the bias in snowy white. white or bejewelled flip-flops.
- invitations: a photograph of the bride and groom jumping into the sea, shared on instagram the week before.
- tableware: paper plates and patterned paper napkins. ketchup in ramekins.
- marquee: an indian hand-blocked raj tent or a yurt is the dream. in reality, get friends to bring their festival two-man pop ups.
- favours: rizlas on the table.
- wedding breakfast: hog roast and an ice cream van.
- music: cat stevens cd for the bride’s entrance; the sound of the waves crashing on the shore is all they need for the reception. trance dj after dinner.
- tiffany trinket: elsa perreti open heart necklace worn long on coloured silk cord.